Monday, May 24, 2010

THEN AND NOW AND THEN

Why am I writing a blog? I ask myself – you ask yourself.

Well, I’ve thought about it, no obsessed over it for too long. Then the clouds parted, my brow unfurrowed (or was it botox?) and I realized that after all my years as an entertainer I wanted to continue in a new world (to me) and to a new audience.

I started to perform, professionally, for money when I was 4 years old, on my way married the great writer Adolph Green (credits), had two wildly talented and interesting children. A life of glamour and high highs and like everyone – barely bearable lows. (I’ll whine quite a bit).

Adolph died in 2002 and we were each other’s best audience on any subject.

So now I’ll try my bag of tricks on you. I’m going to drop names shamelessly from Groucho Marx to Jerry Seinfeld – Leonard Bernstein to Bono – Johnny Carson to Glee – I’ll show pictures and notes and even telegrams (remember them?) “And if you’re real good, I’ll make you feel good…..”

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog Phyllis. Congratulations!

    Gary Silverman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phillis you still look wonderful. i remember the great days as a performer. thanks for the walk down memorie lane mr Green was also a friend of mine.
    joey infante

    ReplyDelete